One Person Can Make A Difference...
Download the application » | Download the brochure »
To be eligible for this annual conference scholarship you must be able to demonstrate that you are:
• Actively involved in your community
• Expanding that community’s knowledge about the role of diet and nutrition on personal and planetary health Community involvement may include program development, volunteerism, political activism, business development, or any other promotional or educational project.
Awarded each September 1, the scholarship covers registration fees for the Provender Alliance Annual Educational Conference, three nights lodging, meals, and up to $150 in travel expenses.
At the conference, the scholarship recipient will have the opportunity to meet other attendees and speak to the group about his or her project.
All materials must be received (not postmarked) by August 1 for the conference to be held the following autumn. Only complete applications will be considered.
1.This completed form with contact information as well as other requested information.
2. A personal essay briefly describing:
• The work you have done to increase your community’s knowledge about the role of diet and nutrition on personal and planetary health.
• The knowledge and skills you hope to gain by attending the Provender Alliance Conference and how will you put this to use.
• Your continuing plans for community education
• One Person Can Make A Difference – tell us how you have and will continue to make a difference
3. Three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your abilities and interests, addressing their experience with you in your community and why you would be a qualified recipient.
Submit your application by mail to:
22835 Jennie Road
Lyons, OR 97358-9410
Or e-mail it to:
All applicants will be notified of the award decision by September 1 of the conference year. The winner will receive conference, registration and lodging information.